Congress candidates in Delhi will lose deposits, says AAP after alliance talks fail – Times of India

    0
    27
    Congress candidates in Delhi will lose deposits, says AAP after alliance talks fail – Times of India


    NEW DELHI: The Congress and the

    Aam Aadmi Birthday party

    on Friday engaged in incompatibility after the two occasions did now not sew an alliance for the ongoing Lok Sabha elections.

    Earlier within the day, the Congress announced that this is capable of perhaps well

    combat the Lok Sabha polls in Delhi by myself
    +
    , nonetheless maintained that it is composed willing to have an alliance with the AAP on condition that the tie-up is limited absolute top to the national capital.

    The AAP, in turn, wished such an alliance to elongate to Haryana and Punjab as effectively.

    “We need alliance on all 33 seats with the Congress and never three seats in Delhi. We are capable of defeating the BJP and the Congress on our contain in Delhi. We are capable of contest on seven seats by myself, Congress candidates will lose their deposits,” AAP chief Gopal Rai mentioned.

    He added,”if an alliance has to be there, it has to be on 33 seats. While Congress is capable of defeating BJP in Punjab nonetheless in Delhi, AAP is extra healthy positioned to take in opposition to BJP.”

    One other AAP chief Sanjay Singh mentioned the celebration became once even piquant to accomplish the Congress its senior companion in Haryana, nonetheless now it has moved forward.

    Nonetheless, sources mentioned there became once composed a slim chance of an alliance as the AAP might perhaps perhaps well perhaps supply a 5:2 seat sharing formula in Delhi, the save the celebration would contest from five seats and the Congress from two seats.

    Congress chief PC Chacko on the rather about a hand mentioned that his celebration became once composed piquant to ally with AAP in Delhi to defeat theBharatiya Janata Birthday party.

    “We (Congress and AAP) are combating nose to nose in Delhi, we fought municipality, assembly, and parliamentary elections, so naturally we every have political bitterness between us nonetheless we every take into accout that the political necessity is that we must always attain collectively and defeat BJP in Delhi,” mentioned Chacko.

    “Sanjay Singh met me and we discussed our corresponding strength within the final election in Delhi (in 2017). Congress obtained 31 seats and AAP obtained 49 seats and collectively we had 80 seats. Our vote portion became once 21 per cent, AAP obtained 26 per cent votes and in total, we obtained 47 per cent. There are 7 Lok Sabha seats, we’re eligible to win approximately 3 seats while AAP is entitled to 4 seats,” Chacko mentioned.

    Chacko had mentioned that the celebration became once compelled to head by itself as AAP is going wait on on its stand.

    With inputs from agencies

    Be taught More

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.